After the hundreds of books I read in 2016 with some really goods ones (Top 10 Favorite Books of 2016), I’ve already pre-ordered over 100 books for 2017, but here are the ten books I’m looking forward to the most. (I noticed several are about the next generation — children of heroes and heroines I already love).
10. BLAME IT ON THE DUKE by Lenora Bell (release date: April 18th): A marquess who never intends to marry gambled away by his father to a social climbing man who wants him for his daughter. The daughter has been plotting to avoid marriage, but now she and the marquess plan a marriage of convenience to both their ends. I’ve loved the others books in this series because Bell has a fresh voice and some hysterical scenes. This plot has some definite promise to it.
9. THE LADY BY HIS SIDE by Stephanie Laurens (release date: March 9th): I loved Devil Cynster and now we get to read about his son Sebastian and his lady-to-be who happens to be the daughter of Devil’s friend and sometimes rival Chillingworth. I’m anticipating these fathers making an appearance and having to deal with their offspring hooking up. Plus, this will be the third generation in this family line. Laurens best books are her Cynster books and I hope this might be a new favorite.
8. ROYALLY MATCHED by Emma Chase (release date: February 21st): The Bachelor show in a actual castle with an actual (and kinda naughty) prince as the prize. What’s not to want to read about that especially when it comes from the pen of Emma Chase who does funny and heartwarming so well especially from the male point of view.
7. THE DUKE by Kerrigan Byrne (release date: February 7th): The fourth book in the superb Victorian Rebels series, this book is the story of the Duke of Trenwyth, a dark and devastated man. He has lost those he loved, been betrayed and held as a prisoner of war. Byrne’s books are ones I always look forward to. She does dark and angst so well and I have high hopes that this book will meet that standard.
6. SILVER SILENCE by Nalini Singh (release date: June 13th): Singh begins a new chapter in her Psy-Changling series with the Trinity series. This first book features Silver Mercant who is beautiful and eminently competent Psy and also is still in the emotionless Silence of that race. She’s matched up with an Alpha bear shifter in a dangerous time for the Trinity alliance (where Silence is an integral component). I imagine that this book will be sexy and oh so good. (Plus, there is the possibility of seeing Kaleb who remains my favorite hero of the series).
5. BEAUTIFUL TEMPEST by Johanna Lindsey (release date: July 11th): I’ve been waiting for this book for years. GENTLE ROGUE is my all time favorite romance book. This book is about the daughter “Jack”. The daughter of a viscount, rogue, rake and “gentlemen pirate” and the American woman who captured his heart, Jack is as unique as her name. Now her father’s past has brought Jack a dangerous man of her own.
4. DEVIL’S CUT by J.R. Ward (release date: August 1st): I’ve been a fan of this big, sprawling, soap opera of a story about a Kentucky bourbon family combined with sex, murder and drama. In the finale, I’m looking forward to a lot of secrets being revealed. (I’m also hoping for some happy endings because at the end of the last book so many people were messed up!)
3. DUKE OF DESIRE by Elizabeth Hoyt (release date: August 29th): The final book in the Maiden Lane series features a dark, scarred hero and a heroine kidnapped by a secret sex cult. I’d have put this book on my list even without any description at all because the Maiden Lane series is one of my all-time favorite series with some of my favorite books. Hoyt has never disappointed me with her sexy emotional dramatic Georgian historicals and so I will be counting the days.
2. DEVIL IN SPRING by Lisa Kleypas (release date: February 21st): One of my all time favorite books is DEVIL IN WINTER, the best rake and wallflower story, with the fabulous St. Vincent. This book is the story of the son. That alone would make me want to read this book, but the heroine also sounds amazing. She is a game designer. The two end up in a marriage of convenience after a scandal. Now, I absolutely cannot resist.
1. THE DAY OF THE DUCHESS by Sarah MacLean (release date: June 27th): The hero of this book might be the biggest jackass I’ve ever read about. In a prior book in the series, he is blatantly cheating on his wife in public and humiliates her despite her being pregnant — but the DAY OF THE DUCHESS is coming and I would bet that he’s going to get what’s coming to him. I love an angst filled book where a jerky hero can be redeemed after he gets what’s coming to him. I have great faith in MacLean making him suffer for it.